alaidownloversthoughts

Its never about the destination. Its always about the journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Daughter of the most High King, Jesus Christ. His biggest fan. Married to the best human man ever created, next to Jesus that is. Generally, the most loved woman around.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Why Love?

Would you love me no matter what? Would you love me through thick and thin? Will you still love me when the going gets tough? Will you still love me when times are rough? Will you still love me if my faced was scarred? Would still love me if I had nothing to offer? Will you still love me in the end, after having gone through fire, wind and rain? Will our love last through the elements of time? Am I worth all of that? Is our love worth all of that? It is worth taking the time, emotion and energy, investing into us only to in the end give each other away to someone set apart for us?

What is the time spent away for? What is the purpose in chastising ourselves only to give our love away? Why love if only to be hurt? Why make yourself vulnerable only to watch it all crash and burn? Why love? Only to be loved back? Why do we hope for, dream for and search for someone who loves us, adores us and to some degree worships us? Why is that our aim?

What is the purpose of life this way? What is the purpose of questioning? What is the purpose of lonliness? What is the purpose of walking things out for God? Why love? Why risk it all for love? Why set yourself apart for love? Why are we so desperately searching for love? What makes it so great to be loved and cherrished? Why do we ache for it? Why do we yearn for it? Why do we long for it? WHY LOVE?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home