alaidownloversthoughts

Its never about the destination. Its always about the journey.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Daughter of the most High King, Jesus Christ. His biggest fan. Married to the best human man ever created, next to Jesus that is. Generally, the most loved woman around.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Legacy. Who will I be remembered as?

I have been thinking about what my funeral would be like, who would show up, what they would say, who I would be remembered as? Thinking about this very deep topic this thought struck me. One thing that they would say hands down is that each one felt they had a piece of me that no one else had. Everyone had me in a special way. For a very long time that always bothered me, the fact that I was different around everyone, that I wasn't the same person. But in reality no one really is, just some are more consistent than others. As I have thought about it more and more I am beginning to realize that being different around everyone isn't something to frown on. In the eyes of the beholder its a very special and beautiful thing. Another thing I have realized is that I have touched a lot of people. I have impacted more people than I care to count. People look up to me and respect me, some even admire me, others have sought for my approval but all in all I have left some sort of brand on their memory ingrained for all of time. So what is my lasting legacy? What will be the thing that people think of most when my name is brought up? Who will I be a hundred years from now? Will I be remembered at all? Will I fade into time as just another face in a crowded place? Or will I stand out of the crowd and demand to be looked at? Will I go down in history books for the world to remember? What will be my lasting legacy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home